Vacancy – Short Description:
A growing and successful company with a number of separate businesses in the UK and abroad distributing and manufacturing sealing and PTFE / Plastics into various market sectors.
Accreditations include ISO9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015, ISO45001, plus other industry specific requirements such as Oil & Gas, WRAS, FDA.
An exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic and hard-working individual. Working closely with our highly trained team to learn and develop your skills and gain knowledge of machine operations across the plant. The Production Operator will be trained to be competent on the production process. This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a busy environment for a successful Company that is looking for a long-term commitment and a good team player with a hard-working ethic.
A normal day would include learning and operating the gasket cutting machines and all associated company processes and procedures and complies with all Health and Safety requirements as instructed on induction and be proactive at reporting any potential hazards.
National Minimum Wage / National Living Wage
20 days plus Bank Holidays
Working Week/Hours of Work:
Paid hours, e.g. Mon–Fri 9-5, hours paid 35
Monday to Friday 7.30am–4.00pm. Total hours per week 40. Daily ½ hr lunch break.
- Able to follow both simple and complex instructions
- Able to perform tasks consistently and accurately
- Keen to learn
- Self motivated
- Good team player
- Supportive of others
- Interest in manufacturing processes, hands on shop floor working environment
- Good Communicator
- A presentable person with a willingness to learn new skills.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Dependable, good time keeping
- Flexible and positive attitude to personal development
- Demonstrate effective team working skills
- This vacancy would require someone who is practical and hands on.
- Good Legible handwriting and numeracy skills are required for this position.
- Commitment and a willingness to learn is essential